Since the release of WordPress 4.0, users have had nearly a month to get used to its new features. It’s time to find out which ones are your favorite. My favorite features are the sticky toolbar, oEmbed previews in the visual editor, and the overall improvements to the writing experience. I’ve found the sticky toolbar is especially useful on smaller screens.
If you select not listed, please use the comments to tell us what it is.
What Are Your Favorite Features In WordPress 4.0?
- New Media Grid View (26%, 72 Votes)
- The Revamped Plugin Discovery/Install Screens (21%, 58 Votes)
- Sticky Toolbar (21%, 57 Votes)
- oEmbed Previews In The Visual Editor (17%, 46 Votes)
- Selecting A Language During Installation (10%, 27 Votes)
- Not Listed (6%, 16 Votes)
Total Voters: 172
WordPress 4.1 Development to Kickoff on Monday
As we get used to the improvements in 4.0, development on WordPress 4.1 is about to get underway. The first meeting to discuss WordPress 4.1 will be on Monday, September 29, at 1400 UTC. Also note that the Wednesday meeting (October 1) is still on for 2000 UTC as well. Since time zones can be difficult to figure out, Andrew Nacin provided further clarification on the exact time.
- 10am U.S. Eastern (GMT-4), 7am U.S. Pacific (GMT-7).
- This is midnight Tuesday for the East Coast of Australia (GMT+10).
- If you’re at WordCamp Europe’s contributor day (GMT+3), this will be 5pm.
The meeting takes place on IRC in the #wordpress-dev channel. If you don’t have access to an IRC client, you can use a web-based client at webchat.freenode.net. If there is a particular feature you’d like to see in 4.1 or have a plugin you’d like to see merged into core, say so in the meeting or within the comment section of the announcement.