In this episode, John James Jacoby and I are joined by Matt Mullenweg, co-creator of the WordPress project. We discussed a number of topics that have been making the rounds across the community such as:
- The WordPress 5.0 release strategy and how it will evolve once it’s released.
- Whether or not Gutenberg is ready and what ready means.
- Having Automatticians in project leadership roles and what roles WordPress core contributors can or will have going forward.
- ClassicPress, Publicious, and other forks.
- Gutenberg and Accessibility.
- Communication, feedback mechanisms, and trying to make sure everybody can participate in the conversation.
We also talked about the long-term vision of Gutenberg. Near the end of the interview, Matt described some of the innovative things he’s seen built with the new editor.
To round out the show, we sent shoutouts to Alex Mills who recently discovered that he will need to battle through leukemia again.
Next Episode: Thursday, December 13th 3:00 P.M. Eastern
Subscribe to WordPress Weekly via Itunes
Subscribe to WordPress Weekly via RSS
Subscribe to WordPress Weekly via Stitcher Radio
Subscribe to WordPress Weekly via Google Play
Listen To Episode #340:
[…] WPWeekly Episode 340 – Twas the Night Before 5.0 – Jeff Chandler and John James Jacoby interview Matt Mullenweg right before the release of WordPress 5.0. […]