12 Comments

  1. David McCan
    · Reply

    I’m glad to see this. There has been so much hype about FSE that pulling out features would deliver an experience much less than people have had while using the plugin version these last few month. I’m sure there is anxiety about a delay, but better to get it right than rush. Also, the contributors should take a break over the holidays to spend time with family.

    Report

  2. Sally G.
    · Reply

    Getting it right is way more important than getting it fast.

    Report

  3. Guti
    · Reply

    Of course we prefer stabilty even if implies releasing later.
    What it sounds strange to me is that there are even no words about the IndexNow initiative.

    Report

  4. Mounir
    · Reply

    I agree with the idea of not delivering a half baked FSE experience. But I also think it’s a good idea not to be shipping half-baked features which is why this should be postponed to WP version 6.0.

    And like I mentioned it in a comment some months ago, shipping FSE within WP 6.0 also makes for a better semantic version even though that’s not the usual philosophy of WordPress, but since you are open to reinterpreting core philosophies, this one is a good candidate even if done as a one-off reinterpretation, like it happened with 5.0.

    Report

  5. Robert Lilly
    · Reply

    I’m all for pushing this back. I don’t want to see FSE unless, and until, it’s fully working and usable the moment it shows up in core. I don’t want a broken experience. I’m happy to wait.

    Report

  6. ad
    · Reply

    Thanks to all involved for organising and maintaining these kinds of complex tasks and decisions! I envy your abilities to create this awesome tool 😰

    Report

  7. Denis
    · Reply

    I completely agree with this decision, there are still too many problems to solve, better wait and go out with the problems solved.

    Report

  8. Andrew
    · Reply

    I love FSE and want it available in core like yesterday!

    But.
    I also want it to work fully, and right now there are some niggling issues that take away from the FSE experience, that I’m not sure will be fixed in time.

    My preference would be release 5.9 as originally scheduled and wait til 6.0 for FSE.

    Report

  9. Gabriela
    · Reply

    “Overall, it seems like right now we are rushing things in a dangerous way. …

    Well, finally this has been noticed, it is like that since first Gutenberg release rush. Let’s hope for a learning curve here.

    Report

  10. Steven Gliebe
    · Reply

    I have to say this is music to my ears. It always throws me off to stop what I’m doing and fix the block editor styling in X number of themes. ;-)

    Report

  11. Prabhu Ganesan
    · Reply

    I like FSE but still it should be in fully working state. I agree with delay because it is not that much easy to solve the problems. So, It is better to wait and enjoy the full working FSE.

    Report

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: