Jeff Starr, a contributing author to DigWP.com, has put the finishing touches on his brand new book, WordPress Themes In Depth. It’s 450 pages of focused information on WordPress theme development. It’s in PDF format and has support for widescreen monitors and mobile devices. Some of the topics covered include:
- Setting up for theme development
- WordPress theme fundamentals
- Theme anatomy and the WP Theme Template
- In-depth coverage of the WordPress Loop
- Complete chapter on customizing themes
- Theme development according to the WP API
- Security, optimization & testing
- Front-end techniques
The book comes with access to five themes and 20 demos. One of the themes is 2020, a full-featured premium theme. The bundled demos are plug-n-play examples of techniques covered in the book. A preview of WordPress Themes In Depth is available in PDF format and gives readers a chance to see how the information is presented.
WordPress Themes In Depth is available through Perishable Press for $40 however, using the coupon code DIGWP will save you $10. If you’re looking for a great resource to learn how to develop themes for WordPress, consider adding this book to your digital library.
cant wait to check this out, ive bought all his books, great reads!