In a remote worker environment, people have the choice to work from home or wherever it’s convenient. Syed Waseem Abbas published a guest post on Torquemag, that looks at the offices of 16 people who work with WordPress on a daily basis.
Some of the offices are classy while others are small. Many of the people featured in the post use one or more Apple products. If you’re curious as to what my setup looks like, here you go.
Most of the work I do is on a Windows 7 Professional 64bit desktop PC with two 23-inch monitors. When I work remotely, I use a fully loaded 15-inch MacBook Pro with retina display from 2013. As a devoted Windows user, I feel like I’m part of a dying breed, especially within the WordPress ecosystem.
For WordPress Weekly, I use a Samson CO1U USB powered condenser microphone connected to a Rode PSA1 swivel mount with a boom arm.
I predominantly work in a sitting position which is why I’m in the market for a standing desk where the height can be easily adjusted. I’m also looking for a new office chair where the arm rests don’t disintegrate within the first year of use.
If you have any suggestions, let me know in the comments. Also, if you need inspiration to create the perfect office environment, check out Office Today. Office Today features remote offices and locations from across the world used by Automattic employees.
I could work anywhere I want to in the world, but 99% of the time, I’m just on my couch. The other 1%, I’m on a different couch.