Arcade Basic is new free theme from WordPress theme designer c.bavota, who favors Bootstrap as a front-end framework for his products. The theme features a fullscreen header image, followed by a large call-to-action, widgetized homepage area and a block of posts at the bottom.
Arcade Basic packs in a solid set of features under the hood and can be customized in many ways:
- Built using SASS, Compass and Bootstrap 3
- Support for 8 post formats: Video, Image, Aside, Status, Audio, Quote, Link and Gallery
- Includes styles for JetPack galleries to create a tiled view and jQuery carousel
- Compatible with bbPress & BuddyPress
- Support for Font Awesome icons (can be customzied with CSS)
- Full-width page option
- Options to show or hide post meta
Of course, as all Bootstrap-based themes are, Arcade is fully responsive and designed to display nicely on devices of any size. Check out a live demo of the theme and resize the browser to see how it responds.
All of the theme options for Arcade can be found in WordPress’ native customizer. It goes way beyond the basics and includes the ability to easily select the featured icon, change the arc of the site name, set a custom header and background, customize post meta and set the background color.
The homepage section with the four icons and link buttons can be easily set via a widget that is included with the theme. It allows you to visually select from all the Font Awesome icons.
The commercial version of Arcade provides even more color and font options and support.
Arcade Basic is Bavota’s seventh theme listed on WordPress.org. You can download it today via the theme management page in your WordPress admin.