BuddyPress developers, here’s something new for your toolbox. Boone Gorges has created a WP-CLI community package of BuddyPress commands. This collection includes just a few commands that have helped him with BuddyPress development but he welcomes your pull requests.
So far, the commands include:
- bp activate — Activate a component.
- bp activity_create — Create a single activity item.
- bp activity_generate — Generate a large number of random activity items.
- bp deactivate — Deactivate a component.
- bp group_create — Create new BuddyPress groups.
- bp group_add_member — Add a member to a BuddyPress group.
- bp member_generate — Create lots of site members, with the proper BP metadata.
Setting up a BuddyPress test site can be fairly time consuming, especially if you need enough demo data to properly test all of the components. The WP-CLI commands included here will get your site populated with plenty of random activity items, groups and site members, including the proper BP metadata, in a matter of seconds. This is a big time saver for testing BuddyPress core, themes and plugins.