On the evening of Tuesday, January 27th, I had the pleasure to converse with Michael Pick, an employee of Automattic and also the guy behind the newly launched WordPress.TV. WordPress.TV is a new website which aggregates all sorts of WordPress content in video form. The site has already made a name for itself by showcasing many of the videos from recent WordCamps. Here is just a sampling of what we discussed during the show.
Here are some of the questions we covered on the show:
- What is the purpose of WordPress.TV?
- How did WordPress.TV reach fruition?
- Will WordPress.TV feature content created by people other than Automattic?
- What do you plan on doing with videos that seemingly disappear?
- Can someone suggest a video that is produced with a language other than English?
- If there were any plans to let the videos be downloadable or even a podcast?
- Are WordPress.tv videos released under the GPL? Would love to use this stuff for company training videos
Near the end of the show, I let my curiosity get the best of me.
Plug For A Podcast: Plugins Podcast is a podcast which aims to cover one WordPress plugin a week with occasional interviews of plugin developers as well as heavy plugin users. Episodes range between 10-15 minutes and are in mp3 format. Angelo already has a podcast available on the pluginspodcast.com website where he discusses the CForms2 Custom Forms plugin. So if you’re a plugin junkie, this sounds like the show for you.
Announcements: This Friday will be Keith Murray’s last episode as co-host of the show. Please stop by for the going away party as we send Keith off to greener pastures.
Subscribe To WPWeekly Via Itunes: Click here to subscribe
Length Of Episode:47 Minutes
Download The Show: WordPressWeeklyEpisode39.mp3
Listen To Episode #39: