It’s not often that we feature plugins or themes that you have to pay for but when the product is fully compliant with the GPL, things are gravy! In this special episode of WordPress Weekly, we talk e-commerce with Jonathan Davis who is the developer of the Shopp E-Commerce plugin for WordPress. Jonathan gives us the low down on what his plugin has to offer. What is also interesting is his business model. The plugin is fully compliant under the GPL but without purchasing the update Key, you won’t be able to upgrade the software. If you’re interested in learning about an e-commerce solution for WordPress, definitely take a listen to this episode.
Disclaimer: This interview was not purchased or is sponsored in any way.
Here are some of the questions we covered on the show:
- Why did you create Shopp when WP-Ecommerce was already available?
- Speaking of WP-Ecommerce, what does Shopp have to offer that the competition doesn’t?
- Which payment options/gateways does Shopp support?
- For a single site license, the plugin costs $55.00 What else does a user get when they purchase the plugin?
- Does this plugin work with WordPress MU?
Announcements: On January 23rd, Dan Milward of the WP E-Commerce plugin will be our special guest to discuss E-Commerce from his point of view and tells us what his plugin is capable of.
Next Episode: Friday January 23rd, 2008
Subscribe To WPWeekly Via Itunes: Click here to subscribe
Length Of Episode: 1 Hour 3 Minutes
Download The Show: WordPressWeeklyEpisode37.mp3
Listen To Episode #37: