A knowledge base is one of the best ways to organize information spanning many topics and categories. It’s also useful for providing a first line of support for a product or service. WP Knowledge Base is a new free WordPress theme that lets you quickly set up a multi-product knowledge base using standard WordPress posts and categories. So far, the theme has received only 5-star ratings on WordPress.org.
This responsive theme is based on the Twitter Bootstrap 3.0 framework and utilizes Underscores as the backbone of the theme. WP Knowledge Base includes support for images, forum links and icons that you can assign to the different knowledge bases.
WP Knowledge Base Features
There are a lot of goodies built right into this theme, especially for seamlessly integrating bbPress content:
- Add custom images and icons to categories or knowledge bases
- Individual category archives for featuring single knowledge base
- Archive page for child categories with post featured images
- Knowledge Base Page template for home page display
- bbPress support
- Compatible with several bbPress plugins out-of-the-box, including: Buddy-bbPress Support Topic, bbPress Pencil Unread, GD bbPress Attachments, GD bbPress Tools, bbPress – Canned Replies and Captcha
- Compatible with a number of bootstrap plugins
- Support for Bootstrap Glyphicon icon collection and Icomoon icons
- Custom 404 page
Check out a live demo of the theme to see it in action.
Well-structured and comprehensive documentation is available on the WP Knowledge Base homepage. The docs are arranged, as you might have guessed, within a knowledge base. The theme is completely open source and feature requests and pull requests can be sent via github.
The cool thing is that because of how this theme is structured to use WordPress posts and categories, your data is portable. That means that even if you use this theme for awhile and then want to change to a different theme, your data goes with you.
If the WordPress.org Theme Directory had favoriting capabilities, I’d recommend this one for your bookmarks. WP Knowledge Base is a solid option for streamlining a knowledge base with a bbPress-powered support forum.